Most Recent Meeting Minutes
OSB Consumer Executive Committee
November 15, 2017
- Members Present (in person or telephonically)
- Kelly Harpster
- Kelly Jones
- Young Walgenkim
- Matt Kirkpatrick
- Eva Novick
- Adam Hanson
- Matthew Shields
- Jeremiah Ross
- Joel Shapiro
- April Kusters
- David Venables
- Jordan Roberts
- Approved October 2017 meeting minutes as amended.
- 2018 Section Planning
- Discussion re donations. Last year was $0 and previous was $750. People pretty much agreed that giving to Oregon Justice Group (Judge Kantor Group) is a good idea. Discussion continued regarding whether we should donate to Campaign for Equal Justice and / or Oregon Consumer League.
- Motion to donate $1,000 to Oregon Consumer Justice Group passed unanimously.
- Motion to donate $500 to Campaign for Equal Justice passed unanimously.
- Motion to donate $500 to Oregon Consumer League passed unanimously.
- Treasurer’s Report and 2018 Budget Approval (David Venables)
- Discussion over the proposed budget from the treasurer. Discussion veered to how to get more members. There was a discussion about why people are leaving and / or not joining the section.
- 2018 section budget was not ready for a vote. David V. agreed to circulate the budget and vote on it by email.
- Subcommittee Reports
- Social (Kelly Jones and Mike Fuller). Kelly J proposed Friday December 8. Possible locaiton: Montage or Widmer. Motion to spend $300 for holiday social passed unanimously.
- New Business: Kelly H accounced a new position as AIC of Financial Fraud section of DOJ. Will not be in executive committee next year.
- Adjourn – meeting adjourned.